Friday 3 July 2009

Friday 3rd July - I-Hop, Antelope Island and Many Other Things




Ok. Well let me start off by saying I am writing this at 00:45 and it is only the packet of lovely 'Sportsmans Warehouse' beef jerky that is keeping me awake, so if I keep this breif..its because I want to sleeeeep!!

Today was a very interesting day. We got alot done! I woke up early fairly late this morning - 9am! (Still have a little Jet lag so 9am is late for me at the moment, I have been waking up at 6:30/7am up till now) Just after I woke up but as I was still laying in bed, Nathan came in with my morning Green Drink. He said...."This one may be a little worse than normal, because I havn't got any spinach, only brocolli, kale and cabbage,".....'A little worse' is an understatement! It was one of the most foul things I have ever tasted. Britney and Joslyn were in the doorway watching me to see my reaction. When I gagged Joslyn quickly said (half joking, half not) "Dont you dare throw up over that bed!" Haha. It was warm, lumpy, thick, and emitted and putrid and pungent smell of somthing horrible. :( Need to get some more spinach....and soon.

Anyway - Nathan then told me that we were all (Me, Nathan, Britney, Reed and Joslyn) were all going to go to I-Hop (International House Of Pancakes) so I should get up soon. I was rather happy about this as I was hungary and had been really looking forward to getting a goold ol' american style stack of pancakes with maple syrup, butterscotch and the works. So I got up, and we left.

I-Hop was goooooood. Very good. I was actually tempted to get a cooked breafast or an omelette as they looked so good but I thought I had better go for the Pancake Experience. I got 5 think pancakes with cream, maple syrup, pecans, buterscotch and an orange juice. When I left however...I was so full I felt like I never wated to eat again! Still..it was nice.

We then went home and relaxed a little. Nathan and Britney went to get Nathans hair cut and go ot 'good earth' to get some bits for Nathans food whilst in Southern Utah. Whilst they were out, I though it would be a good idea to try to get rid of some of my tan lines that I had aquired the day before on Lewis Peak. I took the book I am reading (The Kite Runner) out into the back garden with a bottle of water and a bowl of chilled watermelon and sat on the hammock/chair/swingy thing and read for about 2 hours. It was HOT! Now, bear in mind that this was around 12:00 noon and the hottest part of the day. I had put on a thin spreading of factor 50, but I didnt want it to block the sun out too much. Anyway, I came back in 2 hours later and began to realize that I had got a little red. As the day went on it became more and more burnt and now it is very saw. So I have the two things I didnt wana get..Sunburn and Blisters. Ah well....they will have both gone by Monday which is the day I need them to have gone by.

After this, Reed took me out to a ranch the other side of Antelope Island. Its a kool island in the Great Salt Lake with lots of Buffalo/Bison, Antelope, deer, cayotes and mountain lions. We managed to see buffalo, deer and antelope which was very kool. We then drove up to the beggining of a train on the island and found that the trail went up to the top of the highest peak on the Island (around 2300m). We are going to hike that at some point. After this we drove up to the visitors centre on the island where there was a great view of the lake!!!! Ahhhhh. Some american girls in the visitors shop were talking to me about my accent and where I am from again, which was funny. Antelope Island is very baron and deserted, Well, not deserted becuase no-one ever lived there who could desert it! Still, there is nothing!!No-one! Its kool though, I got bitten to death by mozzies and the island has some of the oldest rock on the earth!!!

When we got back, Me, Nathan and Britney sat in the garden and had 'Young Coconuts'. Its nice. Its like a unripened coconut - except its better as it has more milk and the flesh is better to eat! Very refreshing on a Hot day!

Britneys Friend Kristen then ame over for a while. She was kool. She was really nice and very funny. She is a musician and is trying to get her halloween music heard more! If you wana look her up, its Kristen Lawrence. She has played in some nice bands too. I showed her our bands songs and she really liked them.

Me, Nathan, Britney and Kristen then went to Wal-Mart to get some supplies for next week. I went to the cereal isle and was amazed!!! Ahhhh! Its soo good there!!! I took alot of photos and a video of it as well. I'm and sure all the other customers saw me taking photos of cereal and speaking into the camera and though "Hmmmm....Weird englishmen." I also bought some beef jerkey, butterfingers, sausage things and blister plasters! That was G-good.

We all then went out to 'Osaka's Sushi' to eat sushi! Its was goooood. Very nice! I had a spicy Tuna roll. It wan very nice indeed...expensive though!

We then came back and sat outside in the chair watching an amazing storm for almost 2 hours. It was very nice. When we did this, I went to run inside to get somthing. I saw the open door and went to run through it...little did I know that there mesh msquito net was still there and went straight into it. Everyone laughed. As we sat outside, Me, Nathan and Britney decided that at some point on this holiday we are going to camp on top of Ben Lomond peak (2797m) That will be FUN!!

So yeah....Some good stuff!

Oh yeah - I also tried my first every mountain dew today. Not badm just a bit better than sprite. Anyway gota go o bed now...I'm falling asleep.

1 comment: