Sunday 16 August 2009

Last Post From America....


Well...I guess this is the moment where I get all sobre, emotional, thoughtful, philosophical and what have you. To be honest, I dont know how many people actually follow this blog. I write it for myself, so I can look back on the great experiences, as well as for everyone else.

As I lie here in my bed, about to have my last night's sleep in America for what could a number of years, I think about all the fantastic and amazing things we have seen and done and the memories I will have... Lewis peak, Southern Utah, Arches, Devils Garden, Fiery Furnace, Moab, The Grand Canyon, Phantom Ranch, the rattlesnakes, camping on picnic tables, Californian Condors, Golden Eagles, Laying in a stream to cool of in 112 degree heat, Monument Valley, Mexican Hat, Page, the Indians, Zion National Park, Angels Landing, The Tetons, The bear, Dissappointment Peak, The Chute, Jenny's Lake, Hidden Falls, Yellowstone, seeing moose, Bison, Elk, Old Faithful Bison and Elk burgers, the thermal pools, all the weird and wonderful bugs, Tony Grove, The boy drowning, the huge cave, Naomi Peak, Antelope Island, another snake, The old farmhouse, Gateway, Temple Square, so much camping, The great camping food, the mountains around utah, the Great Salt Lake, Bear Lake, Logan, This Is The Place Monument, The fast food places, Rock Band, going to see MLS All-Stars and Real Salt Lake games, The big SUV's, Mexicans, The whole Taylor family, Ben Lomond Peak, the bees, Pine View Dam, mountain goats, the accent, District 9, how great everyone has been to me, thousands of lizards, white water rafting, swimming in the lakes, wheeler canyon, Idependance Day, Wal-Mart, pelicans, the gold course, Oquirre Mountain Temple, and playing football with the guys...to name a few.

So you can see.... We've certainly had quite a few cool, exciting, exhileration and rare experience's, that most people dont ever have and I hope I will be able to do them again.

I am really going to miss Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Arizona. In fact Ill miss just being here and the people here. It is SUCH a wonderful place that I love so much. I am without a doubt coming to University here and I may even move here some day if I can.



I am not really looking foreward to my flight back tommorow, although Nathan and Britney gave me these special tablets that help you sleep so that should make it easier. It will be cool to fly trans-atlantic by myself though. It will be nice to playe football again properly.

I hope you have enjoyed what I write about being here. I am not really a good writer but I have at least portreyed a basic discription of things here. I'm am sure I will be telling lots of stories to people who ask and who don't when I get back, so if you want me to expand on anything I have written, just ask.

So althought my stint in the United States is over, there is still plenty more to come. I have still got Norway, The North Down's Way 130 mile hike, Northern Ireland, Snowdonia, Denmark, Sardinia and Scotland to write about. Along with many more exciteing things that I do in Ashford (Although I wont bore you with everyday stuff, after all, this is supposed to be for travelling and the more exciting things).

So don't worry, you definately havn't heard the last of me...



No comments:

Post a Comment